Interested in Membership?
At The Response Church we hold membership in high regard. All members are disciples of Jesus, unified by their identity in Christ. Being a member of The Response Church is about making our commitment to Christ and his people visible through covenanting to the local church. This unity is expressed in the way we collaborate in loving God, loving fellow believers, and loving our neighbors in the culture around us.
We offer our Membership Interest Class twice each year. One class is in the spring and the other class is in the fall. The process to become a member of The Response Church includes six steps:
1) All individuals who desire to become members are required to attend our Membership Classes.
2) After completing the classes these individuals are required to participate in a membership interview with one of our elders.
3) At this point, these individuals will be presented as “member candidates” to the current membership of our church in one of our members’ meetings so that our current members may have the opportunity of “investigating” these member candidates’ life and doctrine.
4) At the end of the membership candidacy a vote will be held in a members’ meeting by the current membership of the church for each member candidate in regard to whether or not the church should welcome each of these individuals into full membership.
5) Once an individual has been welcomed into full membership they will be expected to be baptized (if they have not been already).
6) Lastly, upon the completion of the previous steps all new members will have the opportunity to be placed into one of our Gospel Groups (accountability groups for those who have been affirmed as Christians by the church).